Hello and welcome to Anaphylaxis UK’s AllergyWise for Careworkers training course.
The first section offers clear guidance about using this online programme. If you have limited computing skills, this section should reassure you that using this online programme is very straightforward.
This course is suitable for people who are responsible for caring for others, whether adults or children, who may have severe allergies.
The course includes modules explaining acute allergic reactions, early recognition of symptoms and crisis management. There is emphasis on avoiding allergens and the need to be aware of the risks that might be posed by allergies in a caring setting.
We are aware that people learn in different ways and have tried to make this course as interactive as possible. If you have any difficulties using this course, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Introduction – treatment with adrenaline
- Adrenaline injectors – introduction
- Administering adrenaline
- Using an adrenaline injector in an acute allergic reaction
- Dealing with an emergency
- Other medications
- Patient positioning
- What can happen after an allergic reaction
- Referral to an allergy specialist